Thursday, September 4, 2008

2 Months Already!?!

Well, my beautiful baby boy is two months old today. He is healthy and happy and his guardian angel must be a part-time chef b/c Sterling weighed in at 9 lbs 1 oz today!!! That's almost a pound a week for the last three weeks!!! Today was vaccination day...three shots and one oral vaccination. He sucked the tylenol and the oral vaccination down like they were candy. The shots went pretty well, too. He cried, of course (anyone would), but as soon as the nurse picked him up to console him, he was just fine. Such a little man.

I'm recovering from the cesarean very well. I'm back to teaching 2-3 group fitness classes a week and doing karate (in moderation...front kicks are still pretty difficult). My incision is still numb in places, but I'll take numb over painful any day of the week. :)

Jeremey started teaching again a couple weeks ago and he's slowly acclimating to the sleep deprivation that comes with a newborn. Well, maybe he's not acclimating to it...I'm not sure you ever really get used to that...but he's tolerating it like a champ. I'm so impressed with single parents. I know that I COULD do this alone if I HAD to...but I'm so thankful that I don't have to. Jeremey is such a rock! I'm so anxious for next semester to come already so that Jeremey can spend even more time with Sterling and teach him how to be an amazing man.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

x2 on the respect for single parents! I had my 9 year old adopted brother for a week ... sheeeeeeeesh! kids are adorable, but can be totally exhausting.

Glad Jeremy rocks so much! :-)