Saturday, March 8, 2008

It's a BOY!!!

Well, it's that time again. Here I am at 16 weeks pregnant. I grew a lot this last 4 weeks. I can't wear any of my button pants anymore! This is the only time in my life when that will be GREAT news! :)


Here I'm 114 lbs. and 28.5 inches around. Come on, that's a baby bump...right?! My first trimester side effects are slowly tapering off. Still some nausea and headaches...but not nearly as bad as a few weeks ago. I'm also slowly gaining some energy...and an appetite.


This is how we found the baby (who we'll call by his name from now on: Sterling James Ahlgren) when we started the sonogram...soundly sleeping, all snuggled up on top of the placenta. You can't see his arms b/c they are tucked under his body. This is a true fetal position!

We got to see Sterling sucking his thumb...it was great. You could see his little mouth going and everything. In the last sonogram, we couldn't tell if the baby was just putting his hand up to his mouth or actually sucking...but this picture clearly captures a thumb-in-mouth action.

Here's another one of Sterling all curled up and resting on his placenta...what a cush life! You can see the ribs really well in this picture as well.

Sterling has his little hand in a fist in this image. Working on those karate basics already! He knows what mom and dad are expecting...practice, practice, practice!

Drum roll please...... Here's the pic we've all been waiting for...parental discretion advised. This pic is at a strange angle...but you can think of this shot like this: if the baby were sitting on a piece of glass, this image is taken from below. I don't know if that helps at all...but the pic is labeled, so you're on your own with the rest.

Hope you all enjoyed these pictures as much as we did! We are so excited to be having a little boy. Now, I just can't wait to meet him! And before that, I can't wait to feel him practicing all those little punches and kicks (and blocks if we're lucky...hee hee). Doc says I can expect to feel the baby moving any day/week now. :) I can feel flutters now and then...but nothing definitive yet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can tell you did NOT label that last sono photo, because mama Josie is into correct anatomical identifiation! ;-)

YAY!!!!!! He looks SOOOO cute.

And just you wait, I want to know if you're singing the same tune about him kicking, punching and blocking in the next 3-4 months! HA!

Sarah said...

YAY!!!!!!! He is already just as adorable as his mommy. I can't wait to meet him! You look wonderful (of course!) and I can't wait to follow along with you during this journey. I'm so happy you're chronicling this in your blog. Love you!