Saturday, March 29, 2008

20 weeks pregnant

Here I am at 20 weeks prego...so the baby is 18 weeks old. Almost half way there! I weigh 117 lbs in this shot and am 31 inches around at the waist. That means I've gained about 5 pounds and 5 inches. It may not sound like much, but trust me...it feels like a lot already! I've been having really bad fatigue, back aches, and head aches...making daily life less than pleasant most days. :( My appetite is growing, though, so that's good. Only 4 1/2 more months (ish)!!!
I felt the baby move for the first time about two days ago. I've been feeling some fluttering for a few weeks now, but this was the first definitive "whoa...now that was a kick or a punch!" feeling. It was pretty cool. I've not been enjoying pregnancy all that much...so getting to feel Sterling moving was a really nice treat for me. In addition to getting stronger and getting denser bones (both of which help him kick and punch me), Sterling now has eyebrows and something called vernix. Vernix is like a wax that helps protect his developing skin from turning raisin-like in all that amniotic fluid. Babies look strange enough when they're born...the last thing they need to look like is a giant raisin! LOL!

Here I am with "normal" clothes on. I'm almost always in either scrubs for work or work out clothes...neither of which show of my growing tum tum too well. Jeremey took this picture of me right before we went on a date. We went to dinner and then came home and I gave him a foot massage. It was a great night! (Thanks Christen and Matt!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're turning into one HOT mamma!

Check out THIS:
http://rebekahwestover.blogspot.com/2008/04/mg-edge-maternity.html