Friday, July 11, 2008

First Pics of Sterling

If that isn't a proud papa, I don't know what is!
This was the "box" Sterling was moved into when they transferred him from level 3 down to level 2 NICU. It's much more frightening than what he was in initially...but we were assured that it was a good sign for him to be in this "box". :)

Here's my mom holding Sterling for the first time. Oh yeah, she cried.
He has an IV in his head here...it actually bothered him less there than in his arm or leg.
Jeremey thought it would be funny to do an impression of Sterling...and all his wires and bandages. We all got a good laugh out of it.

The two best looking men I've ever seen!
He's trying to open his eyes here. He looks a little drugged...but he's just sleepy. :)

He's under some blue lights in this picure...used for fighting jaundice.
Here I am massaging my husband's feet as he lays in my hospital bed. Maybe it should be the other way around...but I was feeling okay and my husband deserved a food rub for all his support and help!











Check out that fuzzy head! He definitely has Jeremey's hair line! LOL!
Our little man loves stretching out and straightening his skinny little legs. Born for the beach!

First famly picture. :) That thing hanging in front of Jeremey's face is Sterling's feeding tube.

This is the day after my c-section. Doc said the more I could walk, the faster I'd recover...so I started walkin'!
This is also the day after my c-section...Jeremey wanted to document my recovery.
This is a really great pic of my mom and Sterling.


This was the first time I got to hold my baby. I'll never forget it. He even opened his eyes for me.
The nurse held him up for us so we could check out all his hair. WOWeeee he had a lot. We both kind of expected he'd be bald when he was born since neither of us had a lot when we were born. We were pleasantly surprised!
When they had him under the blue lights to help with his jaundice, they had to protect his eyes. Aren't these little "shades" the coolest?! Sterling didn't like having them on...but he tolerated them very well. He's patient like his Daddy.



2 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm glad to see the family is doing well! He's adorable. I bet you're dying to take him home!

Unknown said...

I'm all teary looking at these photos!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet him! And you BOTH look so proud!

Oh, and leave it to Josie to start exercising "to get back to normal" ... SHEESH!!!