Saturday, February 9, 2008

3 Months Pregnant

This is a picture of our first sonogram. The baby is turned to the side...surrounded by my uterus...in case you couldn't tell! This is not a great picture, but if you can see a little white line between the head and the body, that's the arm! The baby is 8 1/2 weeks old in this sonogram...almost exactly 1 inch long from crown to rump. NOW, at 3 months...the baby is about 3 inches long!!!

Jeremey got to come with me to my first doctor's visit...which was awesome since we got the sonogram. We got to see the baby for the first time TOGETHER!!! This is a pic of me having my blood pressure taken. The nurse was laughing at Jeremey for taking this picture.

Jeremey also felt it necessary to capture me in the waiting room.

I haven't really noticed huge differences in my figure yet...all my clothes still fit pretty well. I have gained 1 inch in my waist and 2 pounds total. This picture was taken at 2 months...

This picture was taken at 3 months...a few days ago. Pretty big difference, huh!?! I just feel fat so far, so I'm anxious for this "baby bump" to look more distinct.

Here, I'm 27 inches at the waist and 114 pounds. One really big change in my symptoms has been unexpected...it's called round ligament pain. When I laugh or cough or sneeze or blow my nose (you get the idea), I can feel the two ligaments (called round ligaments) that attach my uterus to the inside of my abdominal wall. It's not super painful...but it's a little pinch-like. I've also noticed that my belly button is already stretched out and opened up. It's crazy!

This is not our baby...it's just an image I found on-line of a 12-week old fetus. This is a 4D sonogram...very expensive...so we won't be getting one. I put this picture up b/c I think it's really amazing that our baby's facial features have already been formed...it alreay bears resemblances...at only 12 weeks!!!

No comments: