Monday, March 21, 2011

Cakeballs!

Okay, if you've never had a cakeball, drop what you are doing, go to the store, buy the ingredients and make them.  They are really THAT good.  I got the recipe from a dear friend (thanks Emily Sorgius!!!) and decided to make some for Valentine's day for my TAs.  They were a huge hit!
Bake a cake, let it cool.  Crumble it up and blend with a canister of frosting until as smooth as possible.  I used a white cake + cream cheese frosting.  Roll into balls, freeze, dip in chocolate (or almond bark or the like...I used pre-colored almond bark chips from a party store).  I topped each one with a dark chocolate m-n-m...which made them look a little like breasts (the pink ones, anyway), but whatever...they tasted amazing!

I also tried this recipe with pineapple cake + strawberry frosting, dipped in white chocolate...tropical YUM!

3 comments:

chapstix said...

These sound awesome! Do you store them in the freezer? Serve them frozen? I want to try this! Thanks!

The Ahlgrens said...

You can store them in the fridge or freezer. I keep mine in the freezer, but they tend to form more condensation on the outside if you set them out directly from the freezer...FYI.

Unknown said...

one of my brides did this for her wedding cake, it was super fun!