Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day Before 2nd Birthday

I can hardly believe that my son will be 2 years old tomorrow. This time two years ago, I was in the hospital and doctors were still trying to stop my labor. Today, you'd never have guessed my little man had such a humble start.

Sterling was born at 3:10am on July 4th, 2008 - 2 months early. He weighed 4 lbs. 4 oz. and dropped down to 3 lbs. 15 oz. the next day. He was in the NICU for 24 (long and agonizing) days.

Here he is making a ducky face...I really think he looks like both Jeremey and me.
Here is his birthday cake...this is much more for mommy than Sterling...but whatever. I have a 7-inch scar...I deserve a little frosting on my baby's birthday!
Today, Jeremey, Sterling, and I got to hang out and just chill together. We were watching a track meet on TV and Sterling started imitating the runners...see for yourself what a speedy little guy he is these days. And he's such a happy boy...as always!

I'll post pics of his actual birthday tomorrow...stay tuned.

No comments: