Friday, January 4, 2008

In the beginning...

Jeremey and I discovered that we were pregnant on our 3-year wedding anniversary (Dec. 11, 2007). Even though we had been trying for the last year, it was still such a surprise. I had even bought myself a cadbury egg (the new Christmas version) to make myself feel better when I saw yet another negative test result. But as fate would have it, there was no need for that cadbury egg this time...there were TWO blue lines on the test! We were finally pregnant!


We got a lot of suggestions from friends and family to take pics of my belly as it grows. Of course, we had planned to do that all along. I was a little shy to take the first few months b/c I had to put on a few pounds in order to get pregnant, so I'm not exactly thrilled with my current fitness level. But, for the sake of my baby and my family, I'll post the pics we took anyway. Everyone is hypercritical of themselves, right?! In this picture, I am 4 weeks prego, 113 lbs, and 26'' around at the waist.


I began feeling nauseous within about a week of finding out we were pregnant and then the migraines set in. The migraines are getting much better and my nausea--though pretty constant--is not making me heave or vomit...so I'm THANKFUL! My appetite is pretty low...but doc says that's normal. In this picture I am 8 weeks prego, 110 lbs, and still 26'' around at the waist.


I plan to take a picture every 4 weeks, so keep a look-out for my growing belly!